Building of the Arenberg Castle as in its present form was started by the family Van Croy in 1455 and completed in 1515. The castle came in the hands of the Arenberg family in the early 17th century. In 1921 the property was acquired by the Catholic University of Leuven. At present the castle and surrounding buildings house the faculties of engineering and exact sciences. The Arenberg castle in located in a green area in Heverlee, on the outskirts of Leuven.